ACS has been the industry standard for modifying glazed creosote since it was first introduced in 1982. It’s an easy-to-use liquid manganese catalyst.
- Attacks Dangerous Creosote and Soot
- Helps Prevent Chimney Fires
- Reduces Creosote Odors and Pollution
- Chimneys Clean Easier and More Completely
- Reduces Corrosion In Metal and Masonry Chimneys
- Non-Toxic and Easy to Use
ACS improves safety and efficiency in wood or coal burning stoves, furnaces, boilers, fireplaces, and pellet stoves. Daily use during the heating season will improve heat transfer through the appliance because 1/32” of carbon insulates the same as 2”of asbestos. ACS attacks dangerous creosote and soot, helps prevent chimney fires, and makes the chimney easier to clean. It’s safe for use with catalytic combustors. Sold in quart (32 oz.) spray bottles — 12 per case — and one-gallon refills — four per case.
Note: This product is not a replacement for having your chimney swept. We recommend having your chimney inspected by a qualified chimney sweep annually.
- Daily Use : Spray 6-12 squirts on the inside of the firebox, wood, and toward the flue. In severe cases, use up to 60 squirts a day for the first 7 days.
- Reaction Temperature: 300° F and above (surface stove pipe temperatures)
- Catalytic Combustors: Put in bypass mode before treatment and for 1 hr. afterwards