ChimneySaver CrownPrep is a proprietary water-based acrylic conditioner. CrownPrep conditions and consolidates nearly all porous cement/mortar crown washes prior to application of products such as CrownSeal and CrownCoat. CrownPrep is used prior to application of CrownSeal, CrownCoat, and other water-based, mastic-type crown repair products.
CrownPrep improves durability and adhesion of repair coatings. Masonry chimney crowns are commonly made with mortar instead of the recommended concrete. The surfaces of chimney crowns made with mortar are generally sandy and porous which often harbor atmospheric dust and organic matter. This product ensures longest lasting results of repair coatings such as CrownSeal and CrownCoat.
Note: Surface and air temperature should be a minimum of 45°F but not greater than 95°F at the time of application. Do not apply if temperature is expected to drop below 45°F within a 4-hour period. Do not apply to frozen or frost covered surfaces. Do not apply to wet or water saturated surfaces and/or when rainfall is eminent.
- Preps & Consolidates Existing Crowns
- Improves Performance Of Repair Coatings
- Easy Brush Application
- Environmentally Friendly
- Coverage Rate: 100-150 sq ft (10-15 average chimney crowns) per half gallon depending on surface texture and porosity
- Available Sizes: Half-Gallon Recyclable Plastic Containers
- Application Temperatures: Between 45° – 95° F. Do not apply if temperatures drop below 45 degrees within 4 hours.
- Application Method: Apply two liberal coats of CrownPrep wet-on-wet to the entire crown with a paint brush.
- Dry Time: No drying time needed. Crown can be coated with either CrownSeal or CrownCoat within minutes after applying CrownPrep.
- Cleanup: Remove excess CrownPrep with a clean damp rag. Rinse brushes with soap and water before product dries.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including quartz, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Size||Approx. Weight||Product Code||UPC #|
|1/2 gal. pail||4.2 lbs.||300577||709057000611|